Building or buying chata (cottage)

1.5.20 00:47

Building or buying chata (cottage)

Hi Ladies,

Hope you’re doing well and sorry for writing in English as I know this is mostly in Czech, but I do hope you can help me out. :)

I am looking to buy chata or to build one but I am confused. First, a lot of them are selling chata with public land where you pay fee yearly for the land. This means I don’t have full ownership of the land. What are pros and cons of this??
Second, I am looking for the land as well as I wouldn’t mind to build something on my own. (Actually I would looooove to) But I have no idea how long the procedure takes to actually start building chata after you buy the land?! Which offices I can contact for more official information? And what are your experiences?

I have very nice ideas for cottages and projects, but I would like to know what I need to be aware of before buying one or buying land to build it!

P. s. I am looking for 100-150km around Prague.

Thank you a lot ladies!
Hugs

• Citovat
  • Zmínit
  • Nahlásit
Napsat příspěvek

Reakce:

Velikost písma:
1.5.20 01:03

@Silvanka Owning a cottage on public land has the obvious pro of not paying as horrendous price for the land as if you were actually buying it. The cons are also quite obvious, as it's not yours but only rental, but I haven't heard many people complaining about any problems they experienced. It depends on the conctract. If you really want to build something, brace yourself, the procedures are usually exhausting and take lots of time. It could be from couple months to years, it depends if the project is ok, if you have all other necessary things (e. g. if you buy a land which is considered arable/agricultural land according to zoning plan, it can be quite tricky and difficult to actually get all the permissions to start building). Usually it's best to ask at the building authority in the location where you want to buy the land.

• Citovat
  • Zmínit
  • Nahlásit
1.5.20 06:42

@marzanna Krasna anglictina!

• Citovat
  • Zmínit
  • Nahlásit
1.5.20 07:26

@marzanna I partly own my own land and partly rent from the city and boy, do I have problems! They did not give a rent contract to me nor neighbours who built their houses on city plots until I hired a lawyer and threatened court action. Now I have my contract with severe restrictions on the use of the land and pay rent way before my neighbours.

I would not recommend to built on any other land but your own.

With plots the length of the procedure generally depends on the legal purpose of the plot, on gas/power/water mains proximity to your plot. But I am not an expert on this.
Good luck :kytka:

• Citovat
  • Zmínit
  • Nahlásit
1.5.20 08:08
@Silvanka píše:
Hi Ladies,

Hope you’re doing well and sorry for writing in English as I know this is mostly in Czech, but I do hope you can help me out. :)

I am looking to buy chata or to build one but I am confused. First, a lot of them are selling chata with public land where you pay fee yearly for the land. This means I don’t have full ownership of the land. What are pros and cons of this??
Second, I am looking for the land as well as I wouldn’t mind to build something on my own. (Actually I would looooove to) But I have no idea how long the procedure takes to actually start building chata after you buy the land?! Which offices I can contact for more official information? And what are your experiences?

I have very nice ideas for cottages and projects, but I would like to know what I need to be aware of before buying one or buying land to build it!

P. s. I am looking for 100-150km around Prague.

Thank you a lot ladies!
Hugs

You might consider buying an old cottage, tear it down and build a new one.

It is a common procedure in order to avoid the issues regarding zoning regulations by declaring it as a „reconstruction“. ;)

• Citovat
  • Zmínit
  • Nahlásit

Váš příspěvek

Odesílám...

Další podobná témata podle názvu

Další témata z kategorie

Mohlo by vás zajímat

Mohlo by vás zajímat